Aptus InfoTech is working with the principals who have already developed world class solutions in the field of Gateway level proxy and firewall solution requirements. Our solutions portfolio comprises of:
- In the event the application-proxy gateway software ceases to function, the firewall system will not pass network packets through the firewall system.
- Application-Proxy Gateway Firewalls usually have more extensive logging capabilities than packet filter or stateful inspection because they examine the entire network packet rather than just the network addresses and ports.
- Application-Proxy Gateway Firewalls provide superior authentication than packet filter or stateful inspection packet filter firewalls where network layer addresses can be easily spoofed.
- Application-Proxy Gateway Firewalls are less vulnerable to address spoofing attacks than packet filter and stateful inspection firewalls.
- Allowing client applications to use dynamic ephemeral TCP/ UDP ports to communicate with the known ports used by the server applications, even though a firewall-configuration may allow only a limited number of known ports.
- Converting the network layer address information found inside an application payload between the addresses acceptable by the hosts on either side of the firewall/NAT. This aspect introduces the term 'gateway' for an ALG.
- Recognizing application-specific commands and offering granular security controls over them
- Synchronizing between multiple streams/sessions of data between two hosts exchanging data.